Thursday, January 31, 2008

Scripture

I quoted one of my favorite proverbial saying (Eccl 6:11) in a response to Graves this afternoon and it got me thinking of the verses which are most meaningful to me. So here is a list of three verses that currently have the most influence in my daily prayer life, my perspective on God/World and my teaching.

Gen 12:2,3- "I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."- (Plus Isaiah 42:6-"I, the LORD, have called you … to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.)

John 1:4- In him was life, and that life was the light of all people.

2 Cor 3:18- And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

What about you?

1 comment:

III said...

As for pithy Scriptures, I find myself thinking a lot about 1st Cor. 8:1b a lot lately...

"Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up."