Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Perspective

On Monday I was visiting some people in the hospital including a wonderful lady with an amazing attitude who seems to be at the hospital more than my wife (a NICU nurse). This time her physicians warned her that if her leg doesn't get better during her two month hospital stay it will have to be amputated. Without missing a beat she turned to her noticeably upset kids, and simply said, "That would be OK. I would just have to work at IHOP."
If all the coaches who told me that life is 10% percent what happens to you and 90% how you respond were right, this woman exemplifies for all of us living in the 90% successfully.

7 comments:

Josh Graves said...

Wow. That's a sense of humor I only wish I had.

Luke said...

It was for sure a better joke than the "after hours tux" joke.
That woman's attitude is astonishing. She amazes me.

Josh Ross said...

Dude, I need to come hang with people in your hospital.

Josh Graves said...

The tux photo is still really funny, though.

Luke said...

The tux photo shows that I am classy yet personable. What does your photo show? Its a nice pic, but it would be better with the Dwayne Wade hat.

Josh Ross said...

Is the tux photo from your junior prom?

Luke said...

I expected more from you Boss.