Monday, February 18, 2008

Random Thoughts

I think “The Shack” was a good book. My favorite thought in the book was the comparison of the work of the Holy Spirit to a fractal. It looks like a mess up close, but when you step back you see the beautiful picture.

____________________

I think that my taste buds are coming back to work. When I was sick last week nothing tasted right or even good, including my beloved Subway. I think that’s true when we are not being the type of people that we were created to be too. When we have a selfishness infection, giving isn’t that appealing. Sometimes our taste buds or our desires are examples of just how far off of the mark we are.

________________________

I think that the upcoming NFL combine is more exciting than NBA basketball and NASCAR.

5 comments:

III said...

It's all about baseball coming back, dude. Catch the fever

Josh Ross said...

Glad you are better. You sounded awful on the phone.

Luke said...

Philip- I only watch baseball in October- too long of a season. But I will be rooting for God's team- The Yankees and his favorite player- A-Rod.

Ross- Thanks- you are so encouraging.

Kara Graves said...

The Shack is the best book I have read in a long time, I am trying to get everyone around me to read it!

Luke said...

Kara- glad that you liked the book. I think you cannot be cool if you haven't read it. But as a soon to be dad it isn't that easy to swallow.