Friday, February 22, 2008

Flood and Valentine's Day



As Lindsay was driving home from work talking to me on her cell, she scream. She then explained that a car next to her made a wrong turn into a flooded ditch next to the mall. I think this is that car.
_______________________________

One of my favorite people in Panama City, found himself across the pond in Afghanistan for Valentine's day a few years ago. When you are a pilot in the US Air Force you just assume that you will not be getting off of work to be with your wife on Valentine's Day. So this pilot decided to give out a little different Valentine's gift for his wife, Tammy.

As his plane was being loaded with bombs he got out a sharpie and brushed off his poetic skills and wrote on the bombs:

"Dear Osama,
Happy Valentine's Day
Love, Tammy"


I know some people display love in unique ways, but that is pretty different.

-------------
This same pilot a few days later flew the same trip and instead of dropping bombs, he was dropping relief. That has to feel weird.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Luke, Will you be my valentine?

What up brother? Hope you and the Mrs. (and the dogs) are doing okay. I've been thinking about you a little lately. May God continue to use you for His glory!

Peace

Steve Dye said...

From a strictly photographic standpoint, I love this photo. The lights are still on. Great catch!

From a non-photographic standpoint, I'm sorry this happened to someone ... I hope they're okay ... and I'm glad to hear that Lindsay made it home safely! Tell her and your angel "Hi!" for me.

Luke said...

Mike- I will be your valentine any day. I hope you guys are doing well. It's good to hear from you.
Are you getting ready for the NFL draft???

Steve- yes, its a great pic, unless it is your car.