Monday, March 16, 2009

Reading

This weekend Lindsay and Avery took a quick trip down to Austin, so I had some time to kill. On the way home from the gym on Friday night I grabbed a copy of Jurassic Park and proceeded to indulge my nerdy self. By the time my girls returned for dinner on Saturday I had spent the entire day reading, except for breaks to finish up my class for Sunday and to swim a mile. After this weekend I am reminded of two things:

1-How thankful I am for my wife, b/c left to my own devices I would be a complete nerd.
2-Yes, if you haven’t read the book it is way better than how I remember the movie. It seems to me that our imaginations are always better than our ability to put words into flesh.

5 comments:

Jonathan Storment said...

Two things in response: Yes, Lindsey definitely keeps you from being a nerd. And you're right the book always is better.

What book is next for you? Star Trek?

Luke said...

No its Jurassic Park 2- The lost world.

hoosier reborn said...

I take my wife and kids to the Indy airport tomorrow for sunny FL for 10 days....that's a long time to descend into nerdome.

kurt

Josh Graves said...

I so identify with #1...

Luke said...

Kurt- I just finished Jurassic Park 2- so let me remind you that nerdom is a slippery slope. Once you start its tough to stop.