Monday, March 2, 2009

Denton Project 2nd Meeting



On Saturday the Denton Project had her second meeting. We were very excited to introduce the newest addition to our team-Shannon Plog. Shannon, Mike and their two boys: Andy (10) and Elijah (2), come to us from the Richland Hills Church of Christ where Shannon has been on staff for five years in the children's ministry department as the 252 launch director. As a church planter, I am so glad to have such a qualified children's minister, because without a quality children's ministry churches just don't seem to grow. As a parent, I am so glad to have such a good person (and parent) helping to develop Avery's relationship with Jesus.

Here is a group of us praying over the Plogs and next here is Shannon and me talking about children's ministry.

5 comments:

Jonathan Storment said...

Congratulations Luke! I know that you are going to love them. They're great. Any other staff you are trying to siphon off of us? Just kidding, I'm happy for you guys!

hoosier reborn said...

this is awesome to watch come together!
kurt

Anonymous said...

good stuff Lucas...

Josh Ross said...

I am so excited for you. This is an awesome journey that you are on.

BTW--tuck your shirt in!

Luke said...

Thanks guys- It is pretty exciting to see what God has been doing .

Johnny Storm- This is only the first of many...

Ross- If I wanted to tuck in my shirt, I would go to an existing church.