Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Church Planting

New churches often connect new people with the message of Jesus. Since connecting new people with the message of Jesus is one of my main passions, we have decided to plant a new church. After putting off doing a solo church plant a few months ago. We are very glad that we have waited to find the North Richland Hills Church of Christ as our church plant’s mother church. So after Avery is born in a few weeks, we will move to Fort Worth, TX to work with Richland Hills for six months or so until we plant our new church. Please keep us in your prayers during this time of transition.

Having a new baby isn’t stressful enough, right? So why not add selling a house, moving and starting a new job at the same time?

13 comments:

III said...

That sounds like fun. All the best to you, Luke

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you guys and look forward to reading about God's work in Denton. [Oh, tell Chandler hi... I think he has some connections in Denton. There is no escape. :)]

Josh Ross said...

We're excited for you. This has been an interesting last few months, and I am so grateful to our faithful God. He is going to do great things through you in Denton.

Anonymous said...

Thata baby! By the way, I get to see Joba pitch (to Pudge) Monday in Arlington. I wish you could be there with me.

Luke said...

Thanks guys-

Charlton- I will make sure and give him a nice hug from you.

Luke said...

Cromer- Lucky. Maybe we can catch a game once I get back to TX.

john alan turner said...

congrats. let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

hoosier reborn said...

Sounds awesome....looks like we're both stepping out in faith.

kurt

Anonymous said...

I view transitioning like taking a bandaid off - just bite your lip and do as much as you can quickly and all at once.

Marc said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!

Luke said...

JAT- I am sure that we will have plenty of conversation in the future.

Kurt- Yeah, it does look like we are both stepping out at the same time. I will pray for you and you can return the favor if you want.

Luke said...

Cromer- yeah, its great to get the transition over with soon.

Thanks Marc

hoosier reborn said...

would be happy to pray for you..and thanks for the same.

kurt