Monday, February 2, 2009

Adding to the Pack


This past week we added my brother’s two little redheads to our pack while he and his wife went out of town. With dogs it is often easier to take care of two dogs than one dog because as pack animals they entertain each other, but not so with children. Even though Avery wants to keep sleeping in the morning because she has been waking up every two hours in the night, the two redheads want to wake up for pancakes bright and early. Once you break the man-to-man defense of two parents to two kids and have to go zone coverage of three+ kids to two parents you get in real trouble.
But having three car seats in the back of my truck is well worth it. Especially when I overheard this conversation as the two boys were play fighting as their favorite "superheros":
“I am hulk”
“Fine, now I am Spiderman”
“Ok, I will be batman”
“Well, now I am uncle Luke”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your super powers?

Jonathan Storment said...

Theology and Weight lifting man. Glad that you had fun with your nephews Luke.

Luke said...

Johnny Storm- thanks for the suggestion of my super powers, but if I am the churches super hero on theology we are in trouble.