Thursday, November 6, 2008

No to Change

Earlier this week President-elect Obama spoke of something that needs to be changed and I just don't want it changed. 

Obama said the current college football bowl system doesn't work. He supports creating a playoff system instead of the traditional bowl system. If God wanted us to have a bowl system, then when God created college football, God would have created college football playoffs. If it's fine for God, then it's fine for me. Creating a bowl system would ruin the excitement and the uniqueness of college football. 

Obama, we don't want your change in college football. 

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- for Kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Tim 2:1-2

11 comments:

III said...

Amen

Everyone seems to want to make college football into the no-personality garbage that's played on Sunday's. But I like my college football just the way it is, thank you very much.

Clint said...

It is good to see you use that Bible degree however I pray the God of Creation will open your eyes.

"Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen" Acts 1:24

Luke said...

Philip- I too hope that college football maintains its distinctions from the NFL.

Luke said...

Clint- Thanks for your prayers. You always have been a constant source of encouragement :)

Josh Ross said...

I could go either way with the College game. I like the bowls, but part of me would love to give the playoff system a shot.

How do they do it in the UFC world?

Luke said...

The UFC does it the way God's way. Put the best two in a cage and let them decided it one on one.

Jonathan Storment said...

So are you saying that you are a single issue voter? If Obama would have said the BCS system needed to stay the same you would have supported him? That's really narrow minded Luke.

Jason Lain said...

Wow Luke...I have to admit, after inviting you to join us in mountain biking, and your refusal, I was a little apprehensive about looking at your narcissistic blog, but now having read this last post, and having fallen out of my chair laughing, I am happy I have joined your blog....Jason

Anonymous said...

the previous response was from a friend's computer so note that it was from jasonlain.blogspot.com

Luke said...

Johnny Storm-That is one issue that would have swayed my politics.

Luke said...

Jason- Thanks for checking it out, and I will be in next time you go riding.