Monday, November 24, 2008

ACU Football

I went to Abilene this past weekend to watch ACU's amazing record setting win.  I never thought I would see a football team score 93 points, but I was wrong. 


Here is a great story about ACU assistant football coach and my friend Desmond.  NFL teams were looking at him  (just like the other starting safety, Justin Lucas, who played in the league for quite a few years) until his tough times. For the eight years that I have known Desmond, he's been a constant encouragement and you will see why.  


2 comments:

Rachel said...

What an incredible story that should inspire teams everywhere to see the importance of relationships. The word "chemistry" just doesn't work for a story like this one.

We were made for relationship, and it seems as though Desmond was made to share that fact through coaching. ACU has been blessed with yet another great leader that exhibits what it means to live for God.

Luke said...

Desmond and his story are pretty inspiring. He is a great leader, but like most of us, it takes another leader to be able to help us bring it out of us.

Thanks for your thoughts.