Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fun in Abilene, and no fun at the Doctor's

Lindsay, Avery and I just got back from Abilene. While there I got the pleasure of talking with four of the five devoted readers of my blog, unfortunately my grandma-in-law wasn’t there to make it a perfect five for five.
Also, Avery enjoyed getting to hang out with her aunt Laura and Laura’s roommates for a night. Laura lives in the same house as some of my college friends used to live. And with Avery being over there it was like old times, since those guys usually had girls just a few years older than her over there.
For some reason that’s much more disturbing now.

____________________________________________

Avery had to get her foot poked today for blood work at her Doctor’s appointment. It was awful to hear her cry. I know that I cannot prevent Avery from feeling pain for the rest of her life, though I wish I could. But, I can promise to always be there for her during her pain. I can always give her a hand to hold and a shoulder to cry upon. I think God’s in the same spot. God cannot prevent every hurt we go through and maintain the freedom that enables an authentic relationship with him, but God has promised to always be by our side through all the hurts of life. Sometimes the hand to hold is from those who seek to embody Christ in the Church and sometimes the shoulder to cry upon is one that just cannot be explained.

7 comments:

Brock Paulk said...

Enjoyed seeing you, but still didn't get to meet that baby! Let's get together. Beau Davis and I agreed that the three of us and our families should do dinner...

Debbie said...

No quick stop at the Riggs for Avery to meet Aunt Debbie? :(

Jonathan Storment said...

Yeah Eden had to get her foot poked a couple of weeks ago. I had to go back there with her because Leslie didn't want to see it. That was a horrible experience.

Hey man, I am proud to announce that I will be the 6th reader of your blog.

Luke said...

Brock- That would be great for all of us to get together. Let's make it happen.

Aunt Debbie- sorry, but we will be back out your direction soon and will have to make it happen.

Luke said...

Storment- thanks for being lucky number 6- I am so proud.

Anonymous said...

Just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not a "devoted reader."

hoosier reborn said...

hey Luke, thanks for stopping by the blog. Things have been crazy, being in business on my own now and heading up youth group and our 20's class at the church-truth is I hardly blog surf anymore!

Sounds like your major transition is going well...with the move and addition to the family. Been praying for you....we've seen God providing in awesome ways already and I trust He's doing the same for you.

Kurt