Monday, June 16, 2008

Dilatory Dad’s Day Thoughts


We got back into Florida late last night from a great weekend in Fort Worth (add a ditto from us to this effusive praise of our kind hosts). Along with a great time with some wonderful friends and new friends, the time we got to spend with my father highlighted our trip. As a dad you embody the most dominate metaphor for God, God the Father. Fathers have the privilege and responsibility to influence their children’s understanding of God. I (and Lindsay too) have been fortunate enough to have a great dad who has given love, support, and encouragement in ways that have honored God. I hope to be able to do the same with our child.

In honor of my friendly Dad, here is my dad a few hours after purchasing his car making new friends.

3 comments:

III said...

Very funny

I'm proud that on my recent 4,000+ mile adventure I didn't get a single ticket. Doesn't mean I didn't deserve one. ;) But I got away without having to pay a speeding tax.

Crossed an item off my bucket list, as you talked about at the beginning of the year. Went on a Ballpark Pilgrimage. It was a blast.

Luke said...

III- looks like a great trip. I would say that Wrigley, Shea, Busch, Fenway and most importantly Yankees stadium are the biggies. Did you get Boston, I think you got the other four?
I've been to Yankees stadium, but not against Boston which would be amazing.

Anonymous said...

That's great!!!

Praise God for awesome dads.