Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fathers be good to your daughters.

While we sat in the theater at an otherwise unmoving movie, Lindsay grabbed my hand and placed it upon her stomach and I was moved. For the first time I felt my daughter kick and squirm. And I am now not the same because of it.

I have been working on my Dog Whisperer skills walking my dogs with choke collars. I am fine doing that with my male dog. But the first time I pulled on the collar of my female dog, she looked up at me with her big eyes shocked that I would discipline her and I almost stopped. If my female dog can do that to me, what is that little kicking girl going to do to me when she grows up?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found out this weekend that one of my great friends and his wife are pregnant for the first time...with twins. I'm still not ready for that moment, but it was really cool seeing him there. God is chipping away though...

Congrats on feeling your daughter kick around...

Mike said...

What!?! Congratulations brother! I feel so out of the loop...

If you get a chance, call me to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Any names being considered, or possibly already settled on, for the new family member?

john alan turner said...

wait 'till you have three of them!

Josh Ross said...

5You crack me up

Luke said...

JAT- I think that I would have daily panic attacks w/ three girls.