Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dogs


A lady from church informed me of one way to tell that your dog and not your wife is your best friend-

Lock your dog(s) and your wife in the trunk of your car and then leave them there for an hour. When you come back and open the trunk who is going to be more excited to see you?

I haven't tried it yet.
____________________________________________

The other day one of my furry best friends crossed the line and stole my deer jerky that he had been drooling over for a week. The next day The Dog Whisperer sold another book. Caesar Milan, The Dog Whisperer, makes the observation that most dogs in America are not happy because they are forced to be more than they were created to be. Owners expect them to be four legged, hairy humans, instead of letting them enjoy life as just a dog. I think Caesar is on to something with not just dogs, but with people too. Dogs, like most of us, appreciate life more when life is lived as it is intended to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So in what ways do you think we are forced and force others to be more than what they were created to be?

Luke said...

I think any sin is a divergence off of what true humanity is intended to be. Jesus defines humanity for us, and as new creation we seek to be truly human through Christ-like living. So anything that's not Jesus is not what we were intended to be.
What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I am trying to think of ways I expect people to be more than human. Like dog owners expecting more than a dog.
Maybe we are expecting people to be more than human when we are intolerant or slow to forgive.

Luke said...

I think the expectation that I fear the most is our expectation of less than human living. Expecting people to never change and making excuses for our and other's sub-human actions.