Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wedding Bells

We are back in Florida after being in Texas last week for a speaking engagement in East Texas. Not only did we get to make some new friends at the church, but also we were able to get over to DFW and Abilene to see family and friends. But we are not back in Florida for long. On Thursday we head up to my old stomping grounds of Ohio for a wedding. While I am very happy for the bride and groom, it is going to be the most odd wedding I have ever been to because at this wedding I am marrying my grandma. Before you get some weird Arkansas type idea, let me clarify. My grandma is getting remarried and I am officiating the ceremony. One of my friends in Abilene told me that marrying your grandma isn’t nearly as odd as marrying your dad which he did a few years ago. I might disagree with him in a few days.

As I prepare for the service I am struggling with a few lines.

“Jim, you may now kiss my grandma.” Just doesn’t sound right.
So I might go with, “Jim, you may now give a quick side-hug to my grandma.”

5 comments:

Josh Ross said...

Now that is funny!

Anonymous said...

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Luke said...

Boss- I am glad that love is funny to you. Are you going to mock an injured bird next..

Cromer- I hear that often happens to people.

Marc said...

can i kiss your grandma?

Luke said...

Marc- you are sick, still.
But I still love you.