Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics...

Since everyone is posting about the Olympics, I guess I will succumb to it also.

The favorite to win the 100M hurdles according to USA Today is none other than ACU Alumni Delloreen London. In my first semester at ACU (where I pretended to be a polevaulter) I finished a workout on the track and went into the weight room to get in a post-workout lift. I began with benching 225 lbs, which I thought was a respectable weight until I sat up from my first set and looked over to my left and saw Dello benching the exact same weight as me. Under most situations having a girl benching as much as me would hurt myself esteem, but not when it’s a world class athlete.

Her husband, Lincoln London, has also run in the Olympics and more importantly is a great guy, except that he always calls me “Skywalker.” They have one daughter (as of a few months ago when I last talked with Lincoln- whose coaching now). Her name reflects her amazing athletic pedigree. I cannot spell it b/c its in their local dialect, but I know her name means what her mom is striving for this week, Gold.


-Are the new swimming suits everyone is wearing similar to a corked bat?

_______________________________________
-Tomorrow we go in to have Lindsay induced, so I will post some Avery pics soon after.

5 comments:

hoosier reborn said...

odd...I just posted on the olympian, Eric Shanteau, cancer story. Forget the swimsuits, what's up with girls volleyball....I figured it was a safe question to ask my wife if wearing next to nothing helped set up a good spike.

best of tomorrow-that's so awesome, my baby girl turns 6 on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

or... are they like the 6 lb(?) bikes that pro cyclists ride,the invention of aero bars, clipless peddles, etc - but suit or no suit Phelps is a freak!

Anonymous said...

Now that I think about it... I don't know if clipless "peddles" have been invented yet, but clipless "pedals" have.

Luke said...

Kurt- next time I play volleyball, I will try it out and report back to you.

Charlton- yeah, is it like fiberglass poles instead of metal poles for polevaulting or like better "supplements" ? I don't know, but I might need to try one out next time I go to the beach.

III said...

Good post, young Skywalker